“It takes nothing away from a human to be kind to an animal.” -Joaquin Phoenix
With so many options for plant-based eating, there truly isn’t a reason to eat animals other than our own selfishness. The vegan foods that are readily available today, are plentiful and delicious. Vegans are coming out in droves to continuously support others and increase awareness. Left and right we have increasingly more of YouTube channels, Instagram accounts, Facebook pages, and blogs (like this one) to spread the good cheer!
Each and every food choice matters, and even clothing-another post at another time. Compassion begins when you start to see other life as beautiful and as valuable as your own. You understand that living beings have feelings, and cruelty on our part is unnecessary. Five facts to encourage your fabulous vegan decision making:
- Saving an innocent animal’s life. It was once said 500,000 animals were killed per hour for meat consumption.
- You’re closer to preventing heart disease. It’s been proven that whole plant based diets are preventative measures to prevent heart problems.
- You’re helping save trees! More and more forests are destroyed to create crops in growth and support of animal agriculture. Think about it…no trees, no oxygen, no life.
- You’re decreasing your chances of having high cholesterol, colon cancer, and diabetes.
- It is said that vegans have a much more brighter and positive outlook on life. And why of course we do! We believe we can change the world, and we are doing it! One vegan at a time.
Believe it or not, adopting the vegan lifestyle is a lot easier than what it seems. However, no need to worry, that’s what I’m here for! It is my absolute pleasure and joy to be a part of your vegan journey!
Once you practice compassion towards others and yourself, you will see the need for compassion in every aspect of life. You will want to be the reflection of how you feel. Compassion is the best part of being vegan.