There are many ways to enjoy this fabulously easy, quick, and flavorful recipe. As shown above it can be enjoyed as a salad, dip & fresh crudites, a “sammich”, and I’m sure I’m leaving plenty of options out. Make it and let me know what’s your favorite way of enjoying this Chickpea of the Sea recipe!
- 1 can of 15 0z Organic Chickpeas aka Garbanzo Beans
- 3 Tbsp of your favorite Mayo
- 2 stalks of celery chopped
- 3 green onions chopped
- 1 garlic clove crushed
- 1 tsp fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp lemon pepper
- 1/4 tsp fresh ground black pepper
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp celery salt
- 1/4 red bell pepper chopped
- 1 tsp Old Bay
- 1 tsp fresh parsley
- 1 tsp Nutritional Yeast
- 2 Tbsp red onion chopped
- splash of ground black pepper
- 1/2 tsp tahini
- 1 tsp Dulse *see notes
- Place all of the ingredients in your food processor.
- Pulse until you’ve reached your desired consistency.
- You’re DONE! Buen Provecho & Enjoy!
- **If you do not have a food processor see notes.
**Dulse can be off-putting if you’re used to the taste. Sometimes I make the Chickpea of the Sea with it and other times I don’t. No fret with or without it, it tastes great! See what works for you.
**If you’re making this without a food processor it’s just as easy with some elbow grease! Use a masher (or fork) to mash the chickpeas. Chop all of your veggies well, grab a large mixing bowl, and with your best elbow whip up the Chickpea of the Sea!