This yummy vibrant hummus is perfect as a dip or addition to your favorite salad such as mine (pictured). This will be your favorite hummus in no time!
- 10 cloves loose garlic (peeled garlic cloves)
- 1 tbsp avocado oil
- dash of sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
Beet Hummus Mix
- 2 med-large beets
- 1/4 cup chickpeas (garbanzo beans)
- 1/2 cup tahini
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 lemon (freshly squeezed juice)
- 4 cloves roasted garlic
- 1 tbsp cumin
- 1 tbsp lemon zest (please use an organic lemon)
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Cut off tops of beets, scrub roots thoroughly clean. Place them in an oven-safe covered dish with about 1/4 inch of water. Bake until beets are easily pierced with fork, about 50 minutes.
- Remove from oven, allow to cool before peeling, and placing them in food processor.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl toss garlic in oil and salt & pepper. Place garlic cloves, peeled, in a single layer on the baking sheet.
- Roast garlic for 25 minutes, turn over and continue to bake for an additional 20 minutes. Should be slightly golden on both sides. Remove from oven and allow to cool.
- Once garlic and beets have cooled, place them in the food processor along with the remaining of the beet hummus mix. Mix until well blended. Enjoy!!!!!
- Cuisine: Mediterranean