Oh my fabulous yumminess in my tummy, well yours once you make it! Did you know that the most popular dish made for Superbowl isn’t pizza, spinach artichoke dip, guacamole, or wings?!? Although these are all in the top 5, it’s actually A Buffalo Chicken Dip. Never having it in my life, I had to get the guidance of some fans before putting this together, and they loved it!! I’m not one to write stories when I know all you want to do is get the recipe. Have fun with your friends and fam enjoying this dip!
Buffalo ChiKUN Dip
- Cast Iron Skillet
- 2 tbsp Earth Balance Butter
- 2-3 cloves Fresh Garlic minced
- 1/4 cup Yellow Onion chopped
- 2 cups King Oyster Mushroom shredded with fork
- 1/2 cup Hot Sauce personal favorite
- 8 oz Vegan Cream Cheese i.e. Myoko's
- 1/2 cup Tofutti Sour Cream
- 1/3 cup Ranch Dressing I used Vegan Ranch Dip by Trader Joe's
- 4-5 slices Vegan Cheddar Cheese I used Follow Your Heart
- 1/2 tsp nutritional yeast
- 1/4 tsp salt optional
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/4 tsp garlic pepper
- 1 cube "Chicken" Flavoring Bouillon Cubes
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Mince fresh garlic and chop yellow onion. Set aside.
- Take white section of King Oyster Mushroom and pulling to shred with a fork. The shredding process is quite simple, just start from top of mushroom under the cap, and bring the fork down alongside the stem. This action should bring about a "shredded chicken" look and texture.
- In your cast iron skillet (or ovenproof dish), melt the butter over medium heat. Saute onion and garlic until softened and fragrant. Add the shredded king oyster mushroom, vegan "chicken" flavored bouillon cube, spice mix of salt, nutritional yeast, paprika, and garlic pepper. Stir and mix well.
- Add hot sauce evenly over the mushroom, onion, garlic, and spice mix.
- Reduce heat to low and stir in cream cheese and vegan cheddar cheese, and mix well until combined.
- Remove from heat, while stirring add sour cream and vegan ranch dip (or salad dressing).
- Place in oven and bake for 20 minutes until there's bubbling around the edges and the cheese has melted, stay large spoon and give it a stir.
- Bake for an additional 5 minutes and broil (if you wish) to brown on top.
- Best served while hot, top with green onions and serve with your favorite chips, sliced veggies, or bread. Buen Provecho!